RRF (Race Response Fleets with Race Wars) 2.2 21/9/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

RRF (Race Response Fleets with Race Wars) 2.2 21/9/10

Post by LV » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 20:46

Warning using this script with AP will cause your game to die

[ external image ]

[ external image ] RRF Demonstration

rrf.2.2.spk:
[ external image ]

RRF.2.2.ZIP:
[ external image ]

Note some users have experienced big problems when completely uninstalling the script, until the reason is found i recommend you DO NOT remove the scripts from the game, just turn off the plugin

===============

New Setup Options Menu

[ external image ]

===================

Imperial Library Scripts

You must install the lib scripts

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=238904]How To Use AL Plugins[/url]

Detailed description:

This plugin, once installed, will run in the Artificial Life menu automatically. The plugin can be disabled in the same way as any other AL plugin.

The purpose of the plugin is to make the response of a race to aggression by another race upon its military assets more realistic.
One of the big plus points of this plugin, is that it fixes the problem you would normally have with race ships completely ignoring attacks by the player on other race ships. For example if you destroy a station in a sector where there is a capital ship, the capital ship will normally ignore you. This will not happen with JTP. Both attacks on race ships and on race stations will be met with a considerable response.

When JTP response ship incurs enough damage from either by a Cruiser or above, or a wing of smaller ships, it will send an emergency signal to its HQ calling for help. Within a minute or so of sending the message, a number of capital ships (M1 , M2 or M6) will have jumped into the sector to render assistance dealing swiftly with the aggressor. Combat ships in this sector will also be called in. If the aggressor then activates it's own response signal, its own response fleet will jump in creating a major skirmish in that sector. This normally culminates in quite a large fight between capital ships. Once the action is over the ships (if they survived) should then jump back to their original sector.

Players entertaining the notion they can still go wild in Race sectors will quickly learn otherwise!

Diplomacy
New For TC

In addition you also have diplomatic options, various centres will be built around the universe by the goners who will allow trade of goods from that station which effect the notoriety of the buying race to the owner of the sector the station is in.

You may also have hostile stations for a price and a single diplomatic envoy will wander from donation centre to donation centre trading on behalf of the core races.

Traders not only increase notoriety but also fund the building of drone fighters that are used during sector skirmishes.

Sector Skirmishes
If you enable this option races will invade each others sectors, if a race does conquer the sector it will rebuild it's own stations, pilots have a chioce to ignore/watch or help defend the sector or help the invaders. If you choose to support the defending race you should keep your eye open for colony ships and take them out before they can jump in by finding them in safe sectors.

Main Interface

[ external image ]

The main RRF interface is found in your Custom commands, from here you can monitor the RRF network and also handle the plugin

Donation Centres

[ external image ]

Centres are built in other races space, ships that donate to the centre via paying for freedom for slaves will not only gain notoriety with that race but also the race which own the sector will increase it's standing with the other race due to this act of kindness.

Some slaves will be so happy with their new found freedom that they will enlist as military personel and fly the m5-3 class drones that are equipped on M1's during sector invasions

Sector Invasions must be turned on for donation centres to be available!!!

E.G.

Boron Donation Centre in Teladi space, player gains notoriety with Teladi and Taladi also increase their notoriety with the Boron when slaves are paid for.

Just click one of the donation centres for the info

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Donations & Scrap Centre

If you are unhappy with where a donation centre is located you can pay 225,000 credits for it to be rebuilt

Also choose a race and you can pay to set relations to the specified race to neutral

You can pay the entire amount or pay something towards lowering the hatred between them.

The option is only available to races that are below friendly!

Hotkey

[ external image ]

The Interface can be called via this hotkey

RRF Signals

[ external image ]

Choosing the Scan RRF Network will show where races global calls are located

Skirmishes

[ external image ]

As above but shows which sector the race is currently invading

Startup Menu Options

Menu 1

1. Station Monitoring

Option 1
Station Monitoring On

This option makes all stations in their own sectors monitor for any enemy ship m6 and above entering the sector and calls in RRF ships as soon as they are scanned

Option 2

Station Monitoring On: Close Proximity Only

As above but unless the enemy is within 8k of the station it will ignore it

Option 3

Station Monitoring Off

Ignores enemy craft M6+ unless they are attacking the station and it's shields are below 70%, RRF is called if these conditions are met

Menu 2

Option 1

Pirate RRF On

Enables Pirates to have RRF vessels

Pirate RRF Off

Pirates are not linked

Menu 3

Maintain Relations

If you maintain relations ships will set races to neutral if their notoriety is greater than -1000 every time they make a kill, this will stop the Argon attacking the Boron etc until enough battles have occured to ignore any relationship reset

Let Them Fight

Once the ships sets another race to enemy it stays that way

If you choose Maintain relations the core races will ignore ships attacking most of the time, I'm still tweaking the code here also

As per my TR RRF for those who know it this current TC version is a very cut down version of the old RRF

That said, it's good to go and will hunt down all attackers even quicker than in TR

Detailed description:

This plugin, once installed, will run in the Artificial Life menu automatically. The plugin can be disabled in the same way as any other AL plugin.

The purpose of the plugin is to make the response of a race to aggression by another race upon its military assets more realistic.
One of the big plus points of this plugin, is that it fixes the problem you would normally have with race ships completely ignoring attacks by the player on other race ships. For example if you destroy a station in a sector where there is a capital ship, the capital ship will normally ignore you. This will not happen with JTP (Jump To Protect). Both attacks on race ships and on race stations will be met with a considerable response.

When JTP response ship incurs enough damage from either by a Cruiser or above, or a wing of smaller ships, it will send an emergency signal to its HQ calling for help. Within a minute or so of sending the message, a number of capital ships (M1 , M2 or M6/7/ or even M8 RRF Bombers) will have jumped into the sector to render assistance , dealing swiftly with the aggressor. Combat ships in this sector will also be called in. If the aggressor then activates it's own response signal, its own response fleet will jump in creating a major skirmish in that sector. This normally culminates in quite a large fight between capital ships. Once the action is over the ships (if they survived) should then jump back to their original sector.

Players entertaining the notion they can still go wild in Race sectors will quickly learn otherwise!

This plugin is not intended to make the game more easy, It is designed to give a realistic response to hostile situations involving a race's assets. If a player chooses to pick a fight he will get one! If the AI decides to attack another race, that race will respond to it.
Ships and stations in Pirate/Xenon Sectors are not attached to the network and will be unable to call for assistance.

All races with the exception of Xenon and Khaak are linked to the RRF Network

New for 1.4

Only 5 ships of each class are tagged as RRF ships the rest are ignore to help with CPU load. In addition on trade docks are now constantly linked to the network.

Also if skirmishes are enabled and you manage to get your hands on one of the races TM collectors you will be able to use it to collect flying wares at a much quicker pace than the stock version.

The collectors need a transporter device and jumpdrive to work and will shunt any wares if they are full back to their homebase and drop them off before jumping back to collect the rest.

This software is only available on Race Collector Ships found in skirmish sectors, you will need to cap one to use the feature.

Race Response Bombers -
[ external image ]
When a race station or capital ship is in grave danger it will call in a RRB if one is available. There are a few small points you may wish to remember

:- Never get in range of one of these ships if you are the target!
:- Never be in range of one of these ships if it is destroyed!

New for 1.61

Assassination Offers

[ external image ]

If you enable Assassinations during startup options you will get offers to take out ships and stations and effect the notoriety between the 2 defined races,

These offers only come when you dock at any station and have a low chance of being offered.

You will also suffer rep loss yourself and you need to have a ship within 20k of the tag when it is killed to complete any missions you accept.

Random Invasion Time
Use this option on first setup and skirmishes will happen randomly between 5 mins and 3 hours

To update from 1.6 simply re-run your main option choices via the RRF Hotkey Interface
[ external image ]

New for 1.8

Option for Enabling RRF Bombers
Many bugfixes thanks to Kcin
Claim Sector (Player)

To claim sector it must be clear of stations of the original owner race and have either an EQD or Trade Dock owned by the player deployed

Option can be found in RRF Interface

You must have at least 2.1 library scripts installed (link at top of first post)

New for 2.0
Bail Issue

I decided the best way to deal with the bailed ship issue was to show the SE the full power of the force.

In the RRF menu you now have the option to "Wipe Claimed Ship Database"

This will make sure you have no further issues with race ships taking a dislike to your trophy's

The only downside of the hefty gripping i can see is if the ship has marines onboard, they would lose their vanilla achievements of boards and such, although all skills remain.

If marines are found on a ship (you cannot run it on your PLAYERSHIP) you will be asked to continue. Otherwise if you want to keep the stats move them before the wipe.

How did you achieve this magnificent coding in less than 30 minutes LV you ask?

Simple, I blew the original ship to pieces and cloned it. Smile

===============================================

Ok ladies i think I have sorted the seta problem

instead of re-writing i decided to go back to 1.7 and re-build from there

DETAILED UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2.0

for those with 1.8 or earlier already installed

1. Delete/uninstall all current rrf scripts from your scripts directory

these will be 3 al.rrf scripts, many plugin.lv.jtp~ scripts and plugin.rrf.~ scripts

2. Install 2.0

Turn the game on and leave it for about 10 mins the plugin is turned off so it will start uninstalling itself, then run the secondary uninstaller found in the RRF menu
[ external image ]

you will be hailed about a min later telling you it's done

3. Turn the plugin back on and re-setup

How To Use AL Plugins

that should be it

It would have been a hell of a lot easier if they hadn't removed argon ones invincibility
:roll:

This hopefully fixes the seta issue (did for me) and squashes a few other bugs.

Please test your game before saving for argon one and the 1.8 rrf ships being put back to normal.

updated to 2.01

[ external image ]

(remove 2.0 but it shouldn't be a problem but better safe than sorry)

install new build

turn plugin off off leave for 10 mins (or seta)

run uninstall option via RRF interface

leave for about 10 mins again after being told uninstaller complete

turn back on a re set up

2.0 has a new fancy setup menu thanks to mark_a_condron which i'd have a nice picture of apart from the fact my ftp is on strike

make sure you set the options up!!!!
They can then be changed via the rrf menu settings options although some will take time to work if changed

Updates for 2.01
Rework of code to hopefully lower the seta freeze to acceptable levels

Rebuilt Jump/Fight/Enemy Check/Signalling Code and M1 Fighter Docking

New Install Options

1. Defend Own Sectors Only (RRF ships will only respond to their own sectors)

2. Set Enemy Fighter RRF Response Level

(The plugin now checks for enemy weighting so if you want it to only send a signal if 15 enemy fighters are in the sector set it to 15) Cap ships are automatically weighted

3. Include Pirate Fighters In EF Scan

(Ignores pirate ships if set to off during above scan)

------------------------------------------
updated to 2.1

[ external image ]

my lib scripts 2.5 must be updated

(remove 2.01 but it shouldn't be a problem but better safe than sorry)

install new build

turn plugin off off leave for 10 mins (or seta)

run uninstall option via RRF interface

leave for about 10 mins again after being told uninstaller complete

turn back on a re set up

===================
2.1 changelog

added option on uninstall for removing stations from invaded sectors

fixed weighting for choosing next attacker

atf to skirmishes added (well fixed they were always there)

better default options for marcon's fancy menu

menu fixed on random timer

invasion weighting now normal or high

muchos code streamlining

cooldown for rrf ships and stations so they revert back to vanilla after a while

Player RRF Drive implemented (you need to gain it ship by ship by stopping colonisation)

and much much more

enjoy

(i do have a funny feeling i've a few screws and bolts i didn't put back though :gruebel: )

===============================================

UNINSTALL

[ external image ]

Just click the option show in the RRF interface once you have disabled the ALP plugin (Turn it Off) in the alp menu and within 5 mins your RRF interface will show the options above

if it does not, just wait longer

Custom Command 1314
t 8804

You are free to use any of my scripts/mods in any of your work as long as you say thankyou in your thread

Edit: added direct download links. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by LV on Sun, 19. Feb 12, 18:08, edited 49 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 21:02

It's here at last, woohoo!

Cheers! Testing soon.

spacehunt
x4

Post by spacehunt » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 21:28

Woooooooooooo

10 hours later

oooooooooooot !

At last nice work LV ! :D Cant wait till i've gone through the game once so i can get all of these scripts lol ! :P

*i made myself i rule not to get any scripts till i'd at least finished the terran plot once......though i think i might break that rule soon and just start again anyway :roll: *

Fallencomrade182
x3tc

Post by Fallencomrade182 » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 22:15

I always liked the idea but When I installed this on x3r for some reason the Terran kept launching rapid responce units to Ianamus Zura and wrecking up the place :lol:

So I'll wait til this mod gets a little more testing before I download it, but I will try it soon :)
A black cat crossing the road signifies that an animal is going somewhere.

I was here to watch Heretic's End fall.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 22:18

Hmmm.... Sounds to me like a cutbacks version of the race patrols... Though this also makes sense and can't completely be called a 'ripoff'.... Me likes!! Have a banana for your hard work.... DL-ing now... Trying later....
P.S: Can someone tell me how I can delete saves... Since I've done the stupid mistake on my first run of TC to save on different slots... Making it a real headache to see the ones I want...Also I'd like to start fresh.... Completely fresh..... And I don't want to re-install the game...
To each, his own.

Unkillable Cat
x3tc

Post by Unkillable Cat » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 23:09

Ahh one of the two biggest script favourites from Reunion finally shows its face, very much appreciated LV, cheers fella.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 23:09

RRF has been around for years KillingMonkey, on X3R.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 23:54

Well... I haven't tried any of the Reunion S&Ms (since I've only recently joined this community) and as a matter of fact haven't even been in that forum.... I'm sorry if:
1) Have made a complete fool of myself.
2) Offended the creator of the AL plug in.
3) Offended anyone else.
Take by most humble apologies and this complementary banana fudge. *Hands out a half-eaten yellowish cake.... 'D'OH!!! Wrong fudge!*
To each, his own.

mesasone

Post by mesasone » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:00

I have been using TTL's Race Patrols script, and am having a problem with the response fleets laying waste to pirates in my missions (protect station and assassination) well before I even get to open fire on them. Especially went a pirate M6 pokes it's head through the gate... a fleet shows up and kaboom.

Just curious if your AL plugin will have a similar effect? I like the concept, but I rarely ever see any random hostiles flying around, and it's sucking the fun out of the game :(

Legartius

Post by Legartius » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:55

Glad to see this brought over so quickly! I loved your original version for Reunion, and can't wait to see what you'll be adding this time around. I hope that we see some large scale wars and sector invasions, in which the player can join in, or even carve out a piece of space for themselves with their own fleets. It'd be great to have a more dynamic and changing universe, in which races can even be destroyed.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 01:33

Wow with this Pirate sectors will be madness... A pirate attacks a covnoy. the convoy asks for help, an aiding taskforce jumps in, pirate sends distress signal, a pirate raiding force jumps in...

Just a few points... Couldn't this fall into a neverending loop? When the aiding ships send distress signals and more ships jump in and at its turn the opponent calls in reinforcments and so on... Is there any limitations to this?

Would be great if you get along very well with a race (Hero of the Federation? for example). This could be applied to you too... If you're not far away from an Argon taskforce and you get attacked by superior forces, a defence group jumps in to aid you... same could go otherwise, if you fall out badly with a race/faction they can be more sensitive to your actions and send bigger fleets against your agression...

It does sound fun, I'll sure try it out.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 02:56

Oh sure, release this when i cant play due to a beta os!

Guess i gotta get a dual boot up now. /grumble
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 12:15

YESSSSSSS :!: :!: :!:

The Dark Side has come again and shown the whole universe who is BOSS!!! :goner:

LV you are a legend!!! was wondering when this fantasic piece of work was goin to arrive!

:thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 13:17

RRF, i love them... Hopefully the pirates arent that boring anymore... and not so rarely.

LV, i will wait for a more advanced version before i translate it, ok? ;)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 18:16

Marodeur wrote:
LV, i will wait for a more advanced version before i translate it, ok? ;)

Good idea most of what is in the t file is from TR and no longer relevant

I'll put the old pirate RRF option switch back in for the next build

Seathal
never ending loop

hmn, i have added a code to switch off a RRF call as long as their is not still combat happening, i knew the old TR vanilla code back to front and in TR the battle stopped if the ships ran out, I don't know how fast TC re-creates cap ships yet

In addition the RRF call can change so if something else calls in RRF the ships will response to that (in principle ;) )

Legartius

Large scale combat will happen but my IL plugin may go more into this in time

mesasone

RRF has always been on the imperial side of aggressive, I have no idea on how Race Patrols work but if a pirate m6 or above pops it's head in it will currently fire the RRF call in core race sectors, i'm open to change the code (with a general consensus) to ignore bigger ships unless they are causing problems, it's just a case of deleting a few lines of code that are already written.

KillingMonkey
[ external image ]

The only man who new nobody had made something before him was Adam
Last edited by LV on Tue, 27. Jan 09, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 19:17

Change of heart I see. ;)

amirite

Post by amirite » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 20:00

Very sweet. I think this fills a much needed gap between Race Patrols and Conflicts. Both are extreme ends of the scale and while I like Race Patrols a lot, this seems a little deeper (but not conflicts-crazy).

To be honest I like the idea of neverending loops. I mean one side has to win eventually, but as long as there a crashing safeguards in place I would love to see a battle going on for days in one sector :D

Question: what are the 'boundaries' of the responses? I have a game where my character is super pissed at the Paranid and would like to start pirating some of their ships for payback. I want there to be some degree of risk vs. reward though. If I attack a Paranid freighter in a Teladi sector I assume I'd probably get away scot-free, but at which point (in relation to this mod) will I be pushing my luck?
-TEVE

spacehunt
x4

Post by spacehunt » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 20:19

Hehe i just thought....imagine whta it would be like if LV and Mavor got together and basically combined RRF with Conflicts :P

That would be sweet :)

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 20:39

That'd be GOLD!!! Pure, yellowish, peely, wonderful.... Wait, wait, wait... I'm dreaming of bananas again... Nvm... It will be gold if it came out...
LV,
I don't quite get you there... 'nobody had made'?? What? Where? And what's Adam got to do with spaceflight?
Anyways... Great script you got there... You still want that banana fudge?
To each, his own.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 05:38

Ok heres a bug report:

My game freezes when I load my save after installing the plugin. It works again after I uninstall it. Heres my scripts list to help you track the problem down:

Script Packages:
Auto-Rename Player Property :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 25/11/2008
Cmod3 for Terran Conflict :: Ulfius :: Yes :: Beta 4.2 :: 15/01/2009
Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
Imperial Laboratories :: Lord Vader :: Yes :: 1.3 :: 25/01/2009
Invasion warnings :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 28/11/2008
Khaak Invasions :: ttl :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 22/01/2009
Military HUD for Terran Conflict :: Ulfius :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 25/10/2008
Mobile Ship Repairs :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.7 :: 06/11/2008
NPC Bailing Addon :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.6.3 :: 05/12/2008
Salvage Claim Software :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 25/10/2008
Turbo Booster :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 20/10/2008

Also included is MARS, EST, Prospector and CAG.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”