[MOD] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC - NHTC v.1.2 [11-17-2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

[MOD] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC - NHTC v.1.2 [11-17-2010]

Post by Phlt » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 19:04

MOD « New Horizons » X3TC (NHTC) v.1.2 – Compatible with X3TC v.3.1

[ external image ]

Introduction

Xchange Guild is primarily Teladi. It is recommended to remain in good terms with this faction to enjoy this Mod at best.
It is rumoured that Xchange Guild would have forged a secret alliance with Pirate and Yaki factions, but this has been officially denied par Xchange Guild official spokesperson.

This Mod has been built to offer more trade, fight, build and think opportunities without having to follow plot routes by choosing 6 custom starts. Everything available usually by plots has to be found in this largest universe, except the Hub and player’s personal sector. Access to Terran and Aldrin sectors is granted with Custom starts.

However, NHTC is fully compatible with Egosoft regular starts with all plots available, including all Mod additions.

Languages playable: English & French

NHTC Mod contains

* 20 new sectors with more trade routes and access to Terran territories
* Almost all ships usually not available to players can be bought and equipped, subject to find the hidden place where they are stored. Beware that some factions will not sell them easily…
* A largest economy (including Terrans) providing more profit opportunities and much more weapons and equipment to buy
* Terran stations can be bought in one single SY
* Xchange Guild has obtained the license to mount Commonwealth weaponry on ATF ships. You just need to find the secret Base where they can be bought
* More Yaki and Pirate nuisance. However, they are now selling their ships to the ones smart enough to remain in good terms with them
* New sector backgrounds by yipyop
* New sector soundtracks selected by Cpt-Killer
* No fog in the Universe
* « Large Gates Mod » by PSCO1 inside
* « Anarkis Defence System v.2.60 » - ADS - by Serial Kicked inside
* «Xchange Guild HUD » by Odin83 inside
* PSG have been slightly enhanced to set them back to X3R specs (Gamma)
* Many new ships designed by PSCO1 (M3 Tender, M12 heavy frigate with docking capabilities, M0 heavy carrier with external docking pods for TS/TP/M6), and 9 additional new ship classes based on existing models. They are significantly enhanced and balanced with the game in order to avoid any kind of “god effect”: M2 interceptor / M5+ / M3+ Heavy / M6+ Interceptor / M8+ / TM+ / Strike TL / Universal TS / TS Heavy Freighter

M12 Argon Harpy

M12 Boron Swordfish

M12 Paranid Phobos

M12 Split Ocelot

M12 Teladi Sparrowhawk

M0 Argon Japet

M0 Boron Arowana

M0 Paranid Cronos

M0 Split Pterodactyl

M0 Teladi Sea Hawk

M3 Argon Nova Tender / Hauler

[ external image ]

M12 Heavy frigates available in the Mod:
[ external image ]

Three new scripts

1/ “Kha’ak Patrols” by Serial Kicked: Kha’ak’s have decided to stop Paranid’s Nividium smuggling. Unfortunately, Kha’ak patrols are not making a difference with regular mineral business. Thus, everyone doing business with minerals is no more in safety in the universe…
The more your trade and fight rank increase, the more it is likely to meet powerful angered Kha’ak squadrons travelling from one sector to another. You will receive a warning message in case Kha’ak’s would invade a sector where one of your factory is settled. Additionally, you will be rewarded for every kha’ak ship destroyed. Kha’ak patrols will not start at the beginning of the game, but only at a particular trade/fight level reached by the player.

2/ « Events » by peroxyde : Unusual events chosen at random can occur once you are docked at a station. You need to stay docked a bit more than few seconds. Beware that everything pleasant or less pleasant can happen there…

3/ « Hull Integrity Rescuer » by peroxyde : This script allows TM and TM+ to repair ship hull quickly and 50% cheaper than in your favourite SY.
You need to buy the new Repair Laser Pro and equip the TM turret. You can activate the Laser in the turret control command. Repair is even more quicker and efficient providing that your ship has ecells, teladianium and computer components or microchips in the cargo bay.
Note that the Mobile Base 3C can repair a ship while docked, without the need of the Repair Laser Pro.

NHTC Custom Starts

* Fanatic. You are a redundant ATF pilot. You only own a M3 Thor. Respected warrior, you have made during your military carrier quite a large bunch of deadly enemies in the Commonwealth... Difficulty: Insane

* Lost. You maybe were too smart for a Boron. After having got back a Strike TL stolen by pirates, you have by accident wounded civilians in a Paranid sector while you were escaping. Now, you are lost in space with very few ecells and it does not seem that neither Pirate nor Paranid factions have any intention to forgive you… Difficulty: Difficult

* Mercenary. Your 5 years contract with OTAS Corp. has ended and Argon military has no use of your fighting skills. How will you make good use of your M3+. Difficulty: Easy

* NhTcMod. Teladi experienced merchant, you can choose the path you will use to be finally accepted at the Xchange Guild Board of Directors. Difficulty: Easy

* Reckless. Young Split discoverer, you would like to find all the secret goodies spread out in hidden places of NHTC universe. Difficulty: Not so easy

* Rebel. Terran military is designing a very powerful fighter able to mount both Terran and Commonwealth weaponry. You do not support this approach that could lead to a war against the Commonwealth. You have stolen a prototype and sent a warning message to the Commonwealth. You do not know if someone received it or not, but you are now a Terran traitor and you have to save your life! Difficulty: Difficult

IMPORTANT: This Mod is not compatible neither with your previous saves nor with other Mods.

You need to start a new game. We recommend that you download NHTC Mod in a fresh X3TC directory, in which you will be able to install your favorite scripts afterwards.
Compatibility between NHTC Mod and scripts developed by the community is likely, but is not guaranteed. You are installing NHTC Mod and eventually other scripts at your own risk.

NHTC is also available in another version including CockpitMod v.1.27a by PSCO1

Paranid M0 "Cronos" cockpit
[ external image ]

Installation instructions

1. First of all, it is recommended to copy your entire X3TC directory as well as your current saves somewhere else, just in case something would go wrong. Remember that your current saves will no longer be compatible with NHTC Mod
2. Delete all current Mods that you might have installed previously. Mods are very rarely compatible
3. If you have installed scripts in .spk with Plugin Manager Lite by Cycrow, you need to uninstall them all. You will be able to install them back after NHTC Mod will be running fine
4. X3TC v.2.7.1 should be installed with Egosoft Bonus Pack
5. Unzip NHTC Mod at X3 TC directory root. You might be prompted that you should replace some files. Say “yes”
6. To play NHTC Mod, you should click on the “Select New Horizons” button, then select the Mod and click “OK”. Then, just click on the “Play New Horizons” button. You just have to select afterwards a regular Egosoft game, or by scrolling down to select “custom games”.

Reminder: Egosoft games will activate NHTC Mod + plots – “Custom Games” will activate slightly different maps. Plots will not be available.

2 versions of NHTC are fully compatible with X3TC v.3.1. They also include "Complex Cleaner Mod", courtesy of Gazz.

[ external image ] Mod NHTC.v.1.2 + Complex Cleaner by Gazz

[ external image ] Mod_NHTC_Cockpits.v.1.2 + Complex Cleaner by Gazz.

Credits

Absconce
Balleva
BenIsra
Cpt-Killer
Geek
Odin83
OPR
Peroxyde
Phlt
PSCO1
QueenAkasha
Serial Kicked
Siky
Yipyop

Egosoft for having designed a great modable game

Doubleshadow and his useful moding tools

Enjoy ! :D
Last edited by Phlt on Tue, 1. Mar 11, 14:09, edited 19 times in total.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 19:05

• >>> Change Log <<<

Version 1.2 compatible with X3TC v.3.0 is available - 11-17-2010

- Introduction of the new M2 interceptor class
- M8+ class has been enhanced and can use Flail Barrage Missiles
- "Hull Integrity Rescuer" script by peroxyde
Last edited by Phlt on Fri, 3. Dec 10, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 19:30

>>> FAQ and Tutorials <<<

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 19:44

Glad to see it released here :)

(btw you forgot to translate your topic title :p )

edit: that's better
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Cpt-K
x3tc

Post by Cpt-K » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 20:39

Good game to all .. :wink: !!
[ external image ] Tous ceux qui pensent pouvoir contribuer à nos travaux peuvent se signaler ici !

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 21:50

pas mall ! jais bien aimer ce que tu a fais dans X3r je le prendrais pour atendre XTendue :wink: hihi i also speak French...
Splits , for the better things in life...

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 22:28

Looks fun, especially those M12's. :D

Is this a completed version or a beta type that is subject to updating/fixing?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 22:43

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Is this a completed version or a beta type that is subject to updating/fixing?
Good question. :)

This is a stable version in use since July by the french players.

Except, if I made a mistake while packing the english version today, this should be hopefully fine. :teladi:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 23:06

Code: Select all

* Lost. You maybe were too smart for a Boron. After having got back a TL stolen by pirates, you have by accident wounded civilians in a Paranid sector while you were escaping. Now, you are lost in space with very few ecells and it does not seem that neither Pirate nor Paranid factions have any intention to forgive you… Difficulty: Difficult
The Boron TL, although the information is given, it can be installed 200MJ shields, and although such a hold, do not use them.

ADS v.2.5? The current version of ADS is 2.65.1. Is it not possible to do this upgrade?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 18:38

Yacek wrote:ADS v.2.5? The current version of ADS is 2.65.1. Is it not possible to do this upgrade?
You can upgrade by unpacking 2.65.1 over the mod. ;)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 19:02

Serial Kicked wrote:
Yacek wrote:ADS v.2.5? The current version of ADS is 2.65.1. Is it not possible to do this upgrade?
You can upgrade by unpacking 2.65.1 over the mod. ;)
I know. I meant is that the mod should already have the latest version.
PS. your e-mail ;)
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

alex0002tw

where is free ship?

Post by alex0002tw » Mon, 30. Aug 10, 20:03

when i use this mod and start a new game......

where is free ship about : Tkr's Deprivation - Buzzard Hauler

i cant find it

i want it , i need money (cry)

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: where is free ship?

Post by Phlt » Mon, 30. Aug 10, 22:39

alex0002tw wrote: where is free ship about : Tkr's Deprivation - Buzzard Hauler
Spoiler
Show
x = -4205
y = -58000
z = 62715
Note that there are much more better goodies to find added in NHTC. :wink:

drudude1983

Post by drudude1983 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 23:14

Hey i need HELP! i think and i say that lightly i managed to install the mod but i cant seem to find any of those new ships? am i missing somthing can any one help :?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 23:30

Can you describe in details what you have done so far?

Did you install the Mod in a fresh X3TC directory?

Any script or Mod previoulsy there?

drudude1983

Post by drudude1983 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 23:50

erm i have cycrow's cheat package,and the Xtra ship package? i have updated to latest aswell? i can do a fresh install if needed ?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 07:44

Sweet, i have been waiting for this for awhile now. I do have a question or two.

I see the pirates and yaki are more agressive by the description. Do you know how this will work/react with SK's scrips, yaki armada and pirate guild?

Since the X3R Days, those are 2 of my must use ones. Im guessing the pirate guild will be ok, im unsure on the yaki one.

Im sure i will have other questions, but those are the pressing ones i have right now.

And AHA! Always loved the hud thats included, but couldnt remember the name of it when i took a 8 month break and had to rebuild my scripts collection. Always loved the radar on it.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 07:59

Thrandisher wrote:I see the pirates and yaki are more agressive by the description. Do you know how this will work/react with SK's scrips, yaki armada and pirate guild?
Don't worry, my scripts are mod friendly :)

(and have been tested on New Horizon, anyway)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 08:45

Excelent, very glad to hear that SK. They are one of the first things i always make sure i have working.

One script i was curious with this is, Military Base Response Revamp.

Ive always been a fan of a non peacefull universe. I guess the reason is i always hated trying to dock back in the old Elite days. :lol:

I just started this mod a hour or so ago so i havent gone to far in it. My last game decided to come to a screaching halt after about 4 day's of played with almost no seta.

Anyways, back to testing some things.

Edit 1 :
Shouldnt the teladi M0 Sea Hawk be able to buy a station and drop it? I thought it should since its a ST, but a ship yard isnt and im wondering if something im also useing is stoping that.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

drudude1983

nhtc

Post by drudude1983 » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 10:16

Hey peeps can anyone tell me any of the shipyard locations that sell the new ships,cant find them anywhere?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”