[Script] X534 Mission................{SubVersion.3.20}

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mailo
x3

[Script] X534 Mission................{SubVersion.3.20}

Post by Mailo » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 16:24

X534 Mission

Disclaimer: I am only a simple translator, story and scripts are by SuperVegeta.

===================================================================
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>German x534 thread<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
===================================================================

This mission is similar to the story missions of X2 and X3. Several characters send the player on single missions, which contribute to reaching a final mission goal.

The story is a continuation to the background story of Xenon sector 534 and Getsu Fune, as seen in the sector descriptions on the sector map.

The version 3.xx is distinctly more difficult and expensive than older versions of x534 (which were released in german only), so if you were upset that your universe only contained some weak pirates, give this one a shot :pirat:

This release is divided into four subversions which continue the story :!:
These subversions will be published when they are finished :!:
Current status: subversion 1

Please notice, if you manage to claim the "Omicron": Do not try to install engine or rudder tunings. The ship is already overtuned and would be reduced to a "normal" one by this.

Thanks to all who helped me with creating this script.

Game requirements

Game requirements wrote:
The mission script was written for the stock Egosoft game. Meaning the use of mods and/or changed TShips/TShilds/TLaser/TCockpits may keep the script from running properly or severely change the difficulty level.
The mission uses only stock Egosoft ships, stations, races and sectors.
-->if you do use a mod, make sure these are still in your game!!!
Weapon compatability
-->The script uses preset weapon configurations for each used shiptype.
-->If you use a mod that changes ship weapon compatabilities, at least in theory the standard code "<RefObj> add default items" is used, which should lead to installed weapons in any case.
The script checks for existence of mission relevant stations. If it finds stations missing, or if stations are
destroyed during the mission, the player will be informed about this.
Should this be the case, the missing stations will be replaced (in the same sector but at a different position)
and the mission should continue.
-->Since the mission script immediately replaces missing stations and the AI also respawns these stations after a while,
it is possible that there are two identical stations in a sector.
-->should there be two stations, for example a "Free Argon Trading Station" and a "Free Argon Trading Station x534",
use the one containing "x534" in their name.
--> after the mission script finishes, these additional stations will be removed after all docked ships have been
beamed to position X=0; Y=100000; Z=0.

Player requirements

Player requirements: wrote: The player has to have docking rights in Argon, Boron and Paranid sectors, otherwise the mission is not
possible!
-->Argon : Outer and core sectors
-->Boron : Outer sectors
-->Paranid: Outer sectors
System Override MKII wrote: # The download includes the System Override Software MK2 by Cycrow.
-->After installation, the SOS.MK2 is available on all pirate bases.

At one point, this software is necessary to reach the mission goal. The stock Egosoft SOS.MK1 is not sufficient
(one needs to claim a ship from 350m away).
-->There is a ware slot conflict between SOS.MKII and the MEFOS-Weaponsystem script by Lucike. If both scripts are
installed, buying one of the two softwares should give access to both.

Abbrev. Script.History:

Main.Version 3.00 wrote: -->Mission split into 4 phases (released successively)
-->Version 3.00 is divided into 4 subversionen: 3.10 - 3.20 - 3.30 and 3.40. These subversions correspond to the mission phases contained within (each release contains all previous phases as well).
-->Admin.Textanpassung == change & switch & refresh // ID 995 - 1010
-->English Version
-->Global Ship.Target variables disabled
-->Improved fight maintenance scripts
-->maintenance scripts have Hard.Code.Tasks: 8915 + 8916 + 1817 + 8918
-->communication (with ships) with AIs with speech and video

Subversion 3.10 wrote: -->contains mission phase 1
-->after finishing phase 1, the script goes into hibernation waiting for the install of the next phase(s)
Subversion 3.20 wrote: -->contains mission phase 1
-->contains mission phase 2
-->continues mission in phase 2 after phase 1 is finished
-->after finishing phase 2, the script goes into hibernation waiting for the install of the next phase(s)
Subversion 3.30 wrote: -->contains mission phase 1
-->contains mission phase 3
-->continues mission in phase 3 after phase 2 is finished
-->after finishing phase 3, the script goes into hibernation waiting for the install of the next phase(s)
Subversion 3.40 wrote: -->contains mission phase 1
-->contains mission phase 3
-->contains mission phase 4
-->continues mission in phase 4 after phase 3 is finished
-->probably is the final one for x534

Installation / Update for FULL VERSION:

First installation: wrote: -->Move contents of folder "scripts" into the "scripts" folder of the X3 installation
-->Move contents of folder "t" into the "t" folder of the X3 installation
Update from 1.[ALPHA] // 1.[BETA] // 1.[GAMMA] to version 2.[ALPHA]: wrote: -->an update from versions 1.a // 1.b // 1.g und 2.a to a newer or the newest version is NOT POSSIBLE. The only way
is to disable all x534 scripts and restart the mission under the new version.

-->Load a savegame
-->Respond to the question whether to start the mission with "YES" :)
Uninstalling the script wrote: -->manually start the stop script: x534.Manual.Abschaltung.sv
-->This removes all stations, ships, scripts and global variables belonging to the mission script.
-->Ingame, open the script editor by pressing "shift C", then "s". Select "Script" and hit "enter". Scroll way down
in the list until you find a script called x534.Manual.Abschaltung.sv. Select and start it by hitting "r" "enter" "enter.
-->wait until you receive a message that the disabling has finished.

-->Finally, delete all scripts containing "x534" in their name from the "scripts" folder and the files 448916.xml
and 498916.xml from the "t" filder.

V.3.xx mission update

Updating V.3.xx sub-versions: wrote: ===============================

-->The mission in version 3.xx is divided into 4 phases which will be released individually over time.
-->The first release of version 3.xx only contains sub-version 3.10 including phase 1 of the mission, later phases will follow.
-->New sub-versions will be announced in the X3 forum thread of the x534 mission, so check the thread from time to time to
see if new phases are finished.
-->Installation of later phases is simple (and the same for all of them):
------->Copy all new x534 files into the corresponding script-/textfolder and respond to the question of overwriting files
with "Yes" or "Yes all". Then load your current savegame and the mission will continue.

Folders wrote: you find the necessary folders in your main X3 directory:
HDD:/.../X3Reunion/....
1. "scripts"
2. "t"

If you have problems/questions/comments: please post here

Feedback welcome
:fg:

X534.Mission.Main.Version 3.xx
=============

Subversion 3.11

Mirror.1.rar
Mirror.2.rar

Mirror.1.spk
Mirror.2.spk

Subversion 3.20

Version 3.20 is at this time only available in german :!:

Download:
Mirror.1.rar
Mirror.2.rar

Mirror.1.spk
Mirror.2.spk

My.Web.Site

Problems finding a ship you were supposed to scan???
Spoiler
Show
First, just because you cannot find the ship at the position given in the text doesn't mean it was destroyed. You will be informed by message if the ship does not exist anymore.

The position given in the mission text is not the position you will find the ship at, note the text also mentions this (translator comment: apparently I screwed up and translated an older version missing a sentence. Sorry. The missing sentence at the end of the message is "But remember, the position data is 10 jazuras old. If the ship is still intact, it probably won't be at those coordinates anymore. In all likelihood, you will have to search for quite a while."

In case anyone is interested, the given position is the spawn point of the ship, afterwards it is beamed to a random position far outside of the ecliptic plane.
This is one of the things introduced in version 3xx to increase the difficulty level.

Here a hint to find the ship:

After the spawn, the ship is beamed into a cube in space centered far out on one of the six main directions (up/down east/west north/south).
Last edited by Mailo on Sat, 28. Apr 07, 14:32, edited 5 times in total.

WarpPig
x3tc

Post by WarpPig » Sun, 1. Apr 07, 18:01

Wow, this one's a challenge! Highly reccommended.
One little suggestion - better use could be made of the log, at one point I missed the ship computer's announcement and didn't know where to go next, had to reload. Otherwise - top notch!

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 11:05

WarpPig wrote:Wow, this one's a challenge! Highly reccommended.
One little suggestion - better use could be made of the log, at one point I missed the ship computer's announcement and didn't know where to go next, had to reload. Otherwise - top notch!
Thanks for the feedback :) Glad you liked it.
I passed on your suggestion, actually in an older version, everything was done using text messages, for immersion reasons the audio was included.
The next version might include some more information in the logbook.

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 20:46

ok not to make me seem stupid but in the mission where you need to find the m5 in one of the sectors near getsu fune what are the actual coordinates i can't make heads nor tails of it
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 21:06

Spoiler
Show
The coordinates should be given in the message, the ship is within 30km from there. The explorer software can help you find it, if you don't want to search yourself. Also, reread the message, especially the part about which sector to search in first ;)

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 13:42

Spoiler
Show
so basicly your saying that it is 30km from the coordinates and it's in getsu fune
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

undercover_agent
x4

Post by undercover_agent » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 04:31

I simply can't find the M5 ship!!
Spoiler
Show
i know its suppose to be within 30km of the co-ordinates given, but the co-ordinates give you X as -5000m, Height as 3000m and Y as 120000m. What on earth is the 'Height'?? The Z value? The Z value increases as you go North, and the X value Increases as you go east. This means the Y value must be 'Up'. Is this right? I searched everywhere, with the explorer software, but still couldnt find the ship.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 07:17

Actually ... the coordinates given in the sector map are somewhat confusing ... the three numbers on the bottom are in this order:
x = east/west
z = up/down
y = north/south

The coordinates given by the message are in the same order.

undercover_agent
x4

Post by undercover_agent » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 09:29

On my map, Z is North/South and X is East/West. And i went to EXACT co-ordiantes, but there was nothing! I searched a 30km radius of the area, and still nothing. The co-ordinates i were given are the following:
Spoiler
Show
X = -5300m, Height = 3011m, Y = 102000m
Can anyone help me?!

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 09:43

Weren't the coords in X3 given as "x,y,z"?

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 09:52

@undercover_agent: Look at the bottom right of your sector map. You will see there three numbers giving your current position. If they match the numbers given in the message, in the same order, you are at the right place.
Spoiler
Show
The ship is somewhere north of the north gate ... within a 30km radius of a point 102km north from the sector center, 5km to the west and 3km up.
Edit: confused east with west ...

undercover_agent
x4

Post by undercover_agent » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 12:41

I know, i went to that position, but there is nothing there. Before i started the X534 missions, i had an Advanced Satellite in Getsu Fune, would this effect the missions? It's the only thing i can think of! Plus i have a few mods activated (but i still met the requirements of the missions), and i have the 2.0.02 patch, and im in the M7 (Hyperion). :evil:

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 12:57

Hmm ... if you didn't get a message that the mission failed, the ship is still there (the script checks if the ship was destroyed and gives out an appropriate message). Which mods do you use?
And no, the satellite shouldn't influence anything. You could try dropping some adv. satellites around the designated position, or send a small ship using the explorer software flying around ... that was the way I found it.
Spoiler
Show
Also remember, the ship is in a cube of space with the point given in the message at the center ... it could also be above/below you

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 14:05

i found it miles away it was about 200 km from the coordinates so thats rubish i found it high up not behind the north gate

very funny vid

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 14:14

danielhumphries50 wrote:i found it miles away it was about 200 km from the coordinates so thats rubish i found it high up not behind the north gate
Can you send me the coordinates you found it at by PN? I will check with the script creator, maybe something has changed since the last betaversion I tested and I didn't know about it. :?

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 21:09

cant when i did find it my game gamed up and i needed to restart the computer (nothing to do with the missions) had too many cheats on for the games liking but should i find it again i will give you the coords

very funny vid

undercover_agent
x4

Post by undercover_agent » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 03:21

I FINALLY FOUND THE SHIP!! It was almost exactly 150km directly 'up'. It wasn't anywhere near the co-ordinates given to me!! SOmething must be wrong there!!

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 17:07

same here but i would like someone to comfirm the position as being high up not far across because i am no longer able to find it by the way what were the coordinates you found it at

very funny vid

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 17:39

Thanks for the infos ... very strange, the last time I played it in beta, it was definitely in the place I mentioned before. I asked SuperVegeta what's going on, I'll keep you informed.

Sorry to all those who took my advice and looked in the wrong place :(

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 18:06

no problem a bit of looking never hurt anyone

very funny vid

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”